Spirulina Bio et Vegan, a spirulina like no other
Spiruline Bio et Vegan is another spirulina-based product to join the market of slimming supplements that take advantage of this algae’s virtues. It is presented on its official website as a solution that helps improve tone and vitality, and strengthen the body’s resistance, especially during a slimming diet.
There are, of course, a wide variety of dietary supplements based on spirulina, a blue micro-algae with countless virtues. However, before making your choice from among the multitude of brands on the market, we invite you to join us on this test which attempts to reveal everything (or almost everything) about Spirulina Bio et Vegan.
Organic and Vegan Spirulina, what’s so special about it?
According to its manufacturer, Spiruline Bio et Vegan is a special 100% natural spirulina. What attracted us most about this product was the number of labels and certificates it has. On its official website, the manufacturer details its various certifications, in accordance with the European Organic Farming Regulation:
- Certificate Ecocert Organic Standard. Being organically grown on the natural site of Oonaiyur (Tamil Nadu) in southern India, far from the pollution of the city and its industrial and agricultural production.
- Certificate Naturland by the NATURLAND specifications (Germany). A certificate for the control and production of organic aquaculture micro-algae. This spirulina benefits from very favorable growing conditions all year round.
- Certificate Vegan, Suitable for vegetarians and vegans thanks to the absence of animal products.
- RAW certificate, a label guaranteeing a GMO-free, whole or minimally processed, living product (high enzyme content).
- certificate CLEAN or “clean”, a label guaranteeing a safe, GMO-free, organic, living, active and nutritious product.
- The farm where this spirulina is grown is also GRAS, HACCP and ISO 9001.
- Finally, Spiruline Bio et Vegan contains no allergens (gluten, egg, milk, soya, nuts, etc.) as defined by European Parliament Directive 2000/13/EC.
Such attention to detail in the creation of such a high quality product captures our attention, and certainly makes us want to know more about its producer.
Who is the manufacturer of Organic and Vegan Spirulina?
It’s the French laboratory Natésis, a specialist in the design of dietary supplements. Created in 2000 to specialize in the production of micro-algae (Spirulina and Chlorella) after a good deal of experience since the 90s. This manufacturer seems to insist on high quality and labels, whose effects are validated by clinical and bibliographical studies.
From the evidence we have, Natésis is a laboratory with a good reputation. It carefully manages all its packaging, labelling, quality control, distribution, partnerships and other operations.
What about this product’s formula?
What are the ingredients of Organic and Vegan Spirulina?
Spiruline Bio et Vegan is 100% composed of a single ingredient, spirulina or Spirulina platensis. It’s a filamentous filamentous cyanobacteria blue-green, spiral-shaped filamentous cyanobacteria. The WHO considers spirulina to be the best whole food for humanity in the 21st century. In fact, this algae was officially recognized by this organization in 2005 as the main weapon against famine in the world, thanks to its nutritional richness.
Among the favorable conditions under which the spirulina in our test product was grown, rapid drying guarantees freshness and the integrity of its nutritional values. Natésis® Organic and Vegan Spirulina contains a long list of interesting components, including: proteins (63%), carbohydrates 23%, lipids (6%), chlorophyll A, phycocyanin >16%, iron (10.6%), zinc, magnesium, iodine, vitamin A (87.5%), vitamin K1 (115%), vitamin E, zeaxanthin, etc…
Visit more details on the nutritional composition of Spirulina Bio et Vegan.
Who is it for? Organic and Vegan Spirulina from Natésis®?
According to Natésis laboratories, this product, rich in nutrients essential to the body’s health, is recommended at all ages for :
- Athletes, especially for endurance sports, where protein is the primary source of recovery and muscle mass gain;
- People on slimming diets;
- Individuals recovering from illness or deficiency, for greater vitality and energy;
- Elderly people with unbalanced diets;
- Growing children, where B vitamins, calcium and phosphorus are most valued.
Organic and Vegan Spirulina : The promesses of the manufacturer
Spirulina Bio et Vegan is presented as a nutritious food par excellence thanks to its micro-algae. It is even richer in protein (63%) than soy (35 %). Its content in vitamins, minerals, trace elements and essential fatty acids gives it countless virtues. Organic and Vegan Spirulina is therefore a :
- good anti-fatigue remedy ;
- immune system stimulant, thanks to its phycocyanin content, a powerful immunostimulant;
- excellent anti-anemia remedy, thanks to its high iron content;
- an ally against cholesterol,
- regulates blood sugar levels, reducing the risk of diabetes;
- kidney protector, thanks to phycocyanine ;
- antioxidant, thanks to its high phycocyanin, vitamin E and beta-carotene content;
- antimycotic and antiviral, according to studies studies conducted on spirulina;
- good detox for the liver and the whole body, and a rebuilder of intestinal flora;
What about obesity?
Organic and Vegan Spirulina contributes to the body’s well-being during a slimming diet. On the one hand, its high protein content makes you feel full, hence its appetite-suppressant effect. On the other hand, it helps maintain muscle mass during a restrictive diet, to avoid losing energy and vitality. Finally, it reduces lipid levels and lowers glycemia, because who else but these two components would encourage fat to settle in your body.
How does it work?
Spirulina induces an appetite-suppressant effect thanks to the phenylalanine present in this micro-algae. However, recent very recent research have identified and purified peptides derived from spirulina, which may have a new anti-obesity effect.
Of course, it’s not a question of swallowing a spirulina pill to lose weight immediately. Spirulina is considered a detox product that cleanses the body of stored toxins. Regulating caloric intake, combined with a high-fiber diet and regular exercise, is sure to produce results. That’s where Spirulina comes in, providing a soft, balanced diet thanks to its high vitamin and vegetable protein content.
So, how do you use Spirulina Bio et Vegan?
Uses and precautions for use
The daily dose is 4 to 6 tablets per day, adapted as needed, preferably 20 minutes before meals. A 1 to 3-month course of treatment is recommended.
Organic and vegan Spirulina cannot, of course, replace a varied and balanced diet. It should be combined with a healthy and adequate diet, plus sporting activity. Of course, you must not exceed the recommended daily dose, and always keep this product out of the reach of children. Pregnant or breast-feeding women should consult their doctor or pharmacist before use.
After collecting various testimonials on Bio et Vegan de Natésis®, consumer opinions are very encouraging and positive:
- This spirulina is praised on forums for its help in muscle recovery for athletes, its contribution to a balanced diet with less snacking and longer satiety to help the body lose weight.
- Some people use it as a 2 to 3-month course of treatment, 1 or 2 times a year between autumn and early spring.
- The tablet format is better appreciated and tolerated, given its ease of use.
- After just a few days, many users confirm the product’s effectiveness: dynamism, clarity of mind and vitality.
- Natésis® products are accredited by the quality seal eKomi Argent, an independent and transparent customer feedback service.
On the other hand, you should always be vigilant when taking this nutrient-rich food supplement, and follow the usual precautions.
Undesirable effects and precautions for use
People suffering from certain pathologies such as urinary stones, gout or high uric acid levels in the blood should be very vigilant, and seek the advice of their doctors.
Let’s not forget that spirulina is rich in nucleic acids, which are transformed into uric acid stored in the body.
In cases of hemochromatosis or iron overload, Spirulina Bio et Vegan is contraindicated due to its high iron content, which can aggravate this condition. Spirulina Bio et Vegan should also be avoided in cases of allergy.
Where to buy Organic and Vegan Spirulina?
Product availability is limited in pharmacies and parapharmacies, but online sales are available on the manufacturer’s official website. The manufacturer guarantees free shipping from €65 purchase for delivery in mainland France, within 48 hours. For the price of a bottle of 500 tablets, is 43.00 €.
Natésis® Organic and Vegan Spirulina is also available in bottles of :
- 120 gr powder ;
- 180 tablets of 500 mg ;
- 300 tablets of 500 mg ;
- 1000 tablets of 500 mg.
Our opinion about Organic and Vegan Spirulina
Spiruline Bio et Vegan is, in our opinion, a fairly promising supplement compared with other spirulina-based products, for several reasons:
- The quality of its 100% organic spirulina ingredient, grown and harvested under the best possible conditions and certified in compliance with European regulations.
- The transparency of spirulina’s origin, detailed on its official website.
- Spirulina’s remarkable nutritional profile. Rich in high-quality plant proteins and antioxidants. Major source of phytonutrients essential for good health. Revealing contribution of iron, vitamins, trace elements, etc.